Saturday, July 19, 2008

Plies: Who Hotter Then Me!

24: What was your mind state coming into this album compared to your first album?

Plies: Just to continue to keep making good music and taking my brand to another level. Showing people that I'm here to stay and making sure my company goes to another level with this album.

24: I don't know any other artist that continues to drop albums back to back with out big appearances other then on a hook or two so what do you think contributes to that?

Plies: Before my record I had a huge following and I think it has spread and people buy into me and not who I'm friends with or hang out with they like Plies music.

24: Outside of Ne-Yo on "Bust It Baby Pt.2" who else did you work with as far as being on the album hooks?

Plies: I worked with the boy Trey Songz on a song called "I'm Da Man" and Keyshia Cole which I think is going to be a real big song when its drops.

24: Who did you work with as far as production on the album?

Plies: I really don't like to name drop producers but I have worked with J.R. Rotem and Drumma Boy on both albums and they have blessed me with some huge records.

24: A lot of artist normally do a whole 360 degree turn on their second album and go against what made them successful in the first place but But I feel like you did what worked for you the first time around just on a bigger scale?

Plies: Exactly, and at the end of the day I can only be Plies so I have to give the people who I am so they can never be a 360 degree turn and if the labels wanted me to do that I would not put out another record again.

24: Every time you drop anthem you make sure you follow up with a street record which is something I think artist want to do but you actually shoot the video and really do it?

Plies: I think I have to give the people both sides of Plies I can make a song like "Shawty" and "100 Years" or "Bust It Baby Pt.2" and "Somebody(Loves You)", "I'm Da Man". I started my own film company and I shoot the videos myself with out waiting for a label to do something for me its my career at the end of the day.

INTERVIEWS: Plies: Who Hotter Then Me!

24: I know a lot of people who really related to your record "Runnin My Momma Crazy" and "100 Years" so should they except some of those type records on this album?

Plies: Through out the rest of my career they can expect to hear those type of records from me because thats what I represent and I speak for those who cant speak for themselves due to the prison system.

24: What's your definition of real?

Plies: Taking care of my family and being true to myself and the people around me. A lot of people feel like it means something different to them and thats understandable but I think its more of being a man and handling your business.

24: Did you ever think you would be this successful going into your second album with this music industry low record sales and is it a bitter sweet feeling for you with your brother in prison?

Plies: I always believed in myself but its really a blessing because like you said of the low record sales thats effecting everyone in the game. It is a bitter sweet thing because me and my brother started this together but he's still very much apart of the day to day running of the company as I am out here and free.

24: I know there a lot of up and coming artist that look up to you so what would you tell them is the best way to get ready for this music industry?

Plies: I would say to just make good music and market yourself in the best way you can by taking over your own area one city at a time.

24: Any last words you want to leave with the readers?

Plies: Yeah, look out for more to come from Big Gates Records of course the reality show coming soon and I'm on a record with DJ Khlaed called "Out Here Grindin" and Fat Joe "Aint Sayin Nuthin" so support that as well as picking up my album you wont be disappointed! I got a couple of other videos on the way for "Please Excuse My Hands" with Jamie Fox and "Worth Goin' Fed Fo".


For more info on Plies Log on to www.myspace.com/plies.

No comments: